Gussen Sees Congressional Win in Bergen Support [POLL]
Teaneck candidate concedes he is unlikely to beat Republican Rep. Scott Garrett in rural county.
Teaneck Deputy Mayor Adam Gussen told Sussex County Democrats he is unlikely to beat Wantage Republican Rep. Scott Garrett in the rural county, but could win the 5th district congressional race with support from Bergen votes, the New Jersey Herald reported.
Redistricting shifted most of Teaneck and other Democratic strongholds, including Hackensack, to Garrett’s Republican-leaning 5th district.
The possibly of Garrett becoming House Budget Committee chair under a Mitt Romney presidency could also fuel Democratic votes, Gussen said in the report.
Gussen faces Garrett’s nearly $2 million campaign war chest, including backing from major national donors, according to reports.
- Teaneck Deputy Mayor Wins Congressional Primary, Will Face Garrett In November
- Teaneck’s Deputy Mayor Announces Congressional Run Against Garrett
- Mayor Reacts to Congressional Redistricting
- Gussen Faces Nearly $2 Million Garrett War Chest, Report Says
- Economy Focus of Congressional Candidates Debate in Teaneck