Thanksgiving Food Drive to Begin in Teaneck
Food drive served more than 100 families last year, township says.
Teaneck will collect food for those in need beginning Oct. 29 and lasting through Nov. 15., the township announced Monday.
The township teamed up with the Helping Hands Food Pantry, Teaneck Rotary Club, Hope Presbyterian Church and the Teaneck Police Department’s Community Policing Squad in the effort.
“Individuals and businesses can make a difference in many ways. Food donations are gratefully accepted. Requested items include: canned vegetables, stuffing (boxed), canned green beans, canned potatoes, cranberry sauce, boxed pies, and boxed macaroni and cheese,” a news release said. “If an individual or business wishes to make a financial contribution, please make the check payable to ‘Teaneck Township’ with a reference on the bottom of the check to “Social Services.” Gift certificates also are accepted.”
Last year, 150 Teaneck families were given a turkey and ingredients for a Thanksgiving dinner.
Food will be collected at the following locations:
- Teaneck Municipal Building (818 Teaneck Road),
- Richard Rodda Center (250 Colonial Court),
- Police Headquarters (900 Teaneck Road),
- Fire Headquarters and all fire stations (1231 Teaneck Road, 617 Cedar Lane), 370 Teaneck Road, and 1375 Windsor Road),
- Teaneck Public Library (840 Teaneck Road),
- Davis Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. (375 Cedar Lane),
- Bogota Savings Bank (819 Teaneck Road),
- Hope Presbyterian Church (1190 River Road).
Families in need can contact Social Work Specialist Gloria Andrade at 201-837-1600 ext. 1503 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.