10) Having cable television is over-rated. Once you get past the "withdrawals" it's actually pretty nice!
9) 90 mph winds will scare the crap out of ANYONE!
8) Sure tree lined streets are nice that is until those trees decide to drop in your home unannounced!!
7) My dog that is deathly afraid of thunder can care less about 90mph hurricane force winds. Go figure!
6) It would take a dozen bulldozers hours to rip a 100+ year old, 150 foot oak tree out of the ground..but Mother Nature can do it with one puff!
5) It appears that Hurricane Sandy has created more jobs in NJ in one night than all the politicians combined have in the last 4 years.
4) It makes you appreciate the American Spirit when you see power utility crews and trucks from California, Kansas, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Texas and many other states working on the streets of New Jersey. (By the way, THANK YOU!)
3) Unfortunately it takes a natural disaster to bring it out in us all, but it warms the coldest heart to see everyone put aside their differences and work together side-by-side as one for the common good of mankind!
2) There is no better way to get to know your family all over again than to shut off the tv, the Internet, the phone, the cell phones, forget the emails and turn off the lights and sit down for a nice dinner by candlelight and just talk!!
1) There is one lesson you can teach your children that no teacher or book can.. Take them to volunteer at the local Red Cross Disaster Shelter and they will learn first hand that...
a) Losing electric for a week is nothing when you see those who have lost their home.
b) By appreciating what you have, COMPASSION comes naturally!
c) All the money in the world can not buy the feeling you get AND give by SHOWING that you DO care for those in their darkest hour.