Hurricane Sandy’s strongest impact is expected to hit Monday through Tuesday. Dangerous winds and heavy rain are possible, with officials urging residents to stay indoors and prepare for possible days long power outages.
Below is a recap of the critical information you need about the storm. Click each link for details. Check back for updates and bookmark this page.
- All Teaneck public schools are closed Monday
- Teaneck's Municipal Building and Rodda Center will close at noon Monday. Call 201-837-2600 for non-emergency issues. Use 911 for emergencies only.
- Both New Jersey FDU campuses are closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Teaneck recycling pick-up has been suspended Monday and Tuesday
- Parking restrictions on all fees and time limit restrictions in all Teaneck municipal parking lots and time limit restrictions on any street are suspended.
- Teaneck residents are urged to take precautions
- Detailed tips for surviving Hurricane Sandy
- Bergen County administrative offices are closed Monday and Tuesday. Bergen County courts are closed Monday.
- New Jersey Transit service was shut down Sunday. System-wide cross-honoring of all rail, bus and light rail tickets will be in effect through Wednesday morning.
- New York mass transit has also been halted
- Non-emergency issues in Teaneck: 201-837-2600
- PSE&G Customer Service: 1-800-436-PSEG
- Verizon: 1-800-837-4966
- Cablevision: 973-279-6660
- Emergencies only: 911
Social media tools:
- Teaneck news on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TeaneckPatch
- Teaneck news on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TeaneckPatch
- Download the Teaneck Patch mobile app for iPhone
- Official township information on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TeaneckNJGov
- Official township information on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TeaneckNJGov
- NJ State Police on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NJSP
- PSEG on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PSEGNews
Have a photo or news tip? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-918-8574.