.

Carbon Monoxide Forces FDU Students Out of Room

Utility crews working on locating source of leak in University Court dorm room.

Several students were moved from a room in the University Court dormitory at Fairleigh Dickinson University after a carbon monoxide alarm went off at about 4:45 a.m. Sunday, campus security said.

None of the students required medical attention, and were moved to another room within the dorm.

The Teaneck Fire Department responded to the campus to check the dormitory and room. Only one room was reported affected by the carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that can cause sudden sickness or death, according to the Centers for Disease Control. It is found in the exhaust of heating systems, and small leaks can build up to unsafe levels in enclosed areas.  

Campus security personnel said PSE&G crews would be checking for the source of the gas, and making any required repairs today.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »