A number of prominent gun control activists will be gathering in Ridgewood on Sunday for a "sanity" rally.
The "stand up for gun sanity" rally – which features speakers and the screening of film Living for 32 – is scheduled for 5 p.m. Sunday at Ridgewood's Christ Episcopal Church.
"Come stand with the majority who support common sense legislation to prevent homicides, suicides and mass murders," the flyer reads.
Featured speakers include:
- Loretta Weinberg, NJ State Senate Majority Leader
- Robert Gordon, NJ State Senator
- Carole Stiller, NJ Million Mom March Chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
- Richard Muti, author and former mayor of Ramsey
- Rabbi Joel Mosbacher, President, NJ Together Against Gun Violence
- Joseph Chuman, Professor of Human Rights and Leader of the Ethical Culture Society of Bergen County
The event will also feature a screening of the film Living for 32, a film exploring both the 32 victims of the Virginia Tech shooting and the average of 32 people killed by guns on a daily basis in America.